The GY-HMQ10 is the world's first hand held camcorder capable of capturing and recording real-time video at 4 times the resolution of full HD—3840 x 2160 images at 24p, 50p and 60p. Now you can deliver stunning cinema-quality recordings with a small form factor, self-contained camcorder.
Great images begin with a great optical system. The GY-HMQ10 employs a razor sharp F2.8 10x zoom lens specifically designed for 4K imaging. A high speed 1/2-inch class CMOS device with 8.3 million active pixels (3840 x 2160) captures live progressive images at up to 60 frames per second. This tremendous amount of data is then processed using an array of custom JVC Falconbrid LSI chips that deBayer the image and provide a live 4K output while simultaneously compressing video for recording onto separate solid state memory cards. 4K recordings up to 2 hours in length can be made using four 32GB SDHC cards.
Operation and form factor are very similar to JVC's popular GY-HM150 with manual or auto control of focus, iris, gain, shutter, gamma level, color matrix, and white balance.
The GY-HMQ10 also functions as a Full HD camcorder capable of recording 1920 x 1080 at 50/60p or 50/60i onto a single memory card in the AVCHD format.
- 1/2.3" (approx. 6.2x3.5 mm) Back-illuminated CMOS Sensor (8.3 million active pixels) with Bayer filter
- Ultra high resolution F2.8 10X Zoom Lens
(F2.8 to 4,5 — f=6.7-67 mm) (35 mm conversion: 42.4 to 424 mm)
- 20x Dynamic Zoom available in HD mode (10X optical, 11X-20X digital)
- Built-in optical image stabilizer
- 4K Recording: 3,840 x 2,160
MPEG-4 AVC/H.264(.MP4) 4 Stream Separate Recording
60fps/50fps/24fps Progressive at 144Mbps
- 4K recording for up to 2 hours (32GB SDHC, x4)
- JVC file utility for combining separate streams into single editable file (available from JVC website at no charge)
- Also functions as a full-HD camcorder
AVCHD progressive (.mts) 60i/60p or 50p/50i
- Interval (time lapse) recording in both 4K and HD modes
- JVC's patented "FOCUS ASSIST" function
- Full HD (1920x1080) trimming function
- 3 assignable user buttons
- 2 audio channels
4K mode: AAC, 2ch, 48kHz,16bit
HD mode: AC3, 2ch, 48kHz, 16bit
- Manual audio level controls with audio meter
- XLR inputs with 48V phantom power
- Large 3.5-inch 920,000 pixel LCD display with touch panel
- 0.24" Lcos 260,000 pixel viewfinder
- Records to inexpensive SDHC/SDXC memory cards
4 used in the 4K mode
1 used in the HD mode
- Wired remote control capability