Sales & Support
Documentation & Visuals
New 3.0 upgrade NOW AVAILABLE!
Mobile Newsgathering is now faster and better than ever with the introduction of JVC's GY-HM650. Small and light enough to be used anywhere, this advanced camera surpasses the performance of many traditional ENG style units and offers capabilities never before available on any model. Dual codecs make it possible to record for 2 screens simultaneously: full HD on one memory card and a smaller web-friendly file on another card. Transfer the footage back to the station with the GY-HM650's built-in FTP and optional WiFi connectivity.
The GY-HM650's long (23x) wide angle lens is perfect for fast paced ENG. The camera offers superb low light performance with F11 sensitivity at @2000 lux
The GY-HM650 performs live transmission (streaming) while recording to memory cards, and with the 3.0 upgrade (available May 2014), Zixi advanced streaming is built-in. Transmission at selected resolutions, bitrates and formats is possible independent of the recording mode. Stream 1920 x 1080 (3 or 5 Mpbs), 1280 x 720 (1.5 or 3Mbps) or 480i (0.8, 0.2 Mbps). Main features:
- 1/3-inch 12-bit CMOS sensors (1920 x 1080 x 3)
- F11 Sensitivity
- 23x Fujinon Auto focus zoom lens with manual functions
F1.6-3.0, 23x, f=4.1-94.3mm (35mm conversion:29 to 667mm)
- Optical image stabilizer
- 3 position ND filter (1/4, 1/16, 1/64)
- 0.45-inch 1.22M pixel color viewfinder
- 3.5-inch 920K pixel LCD display with focus assist
- SDXC/SDHC memory card recording(2 slots for dual-backup, continuous recording)
- Large file size support with SDXC card —New 3.0 feature!
- 50Mbps H.264 Extreme High Quality mode (XHQ) —New 3.0 feature!
- Dual Codec: Recording simultaneously HD + SD or HD + 480 x 270 (for Web delivery)
- Live transmission (streaming) w/advanced Zixi error correction—Upgraded with Version 3.0!
- Background FTP clip transfers while recording
- Clip trimmer (basic editor)
- Multiple encoding formats:
- HD MPEG2 (35/25/19Mbps)
- AVCHD 1920x1080 60i
- 1080/60p recording capability —New 3.0 feature!
- SD H.264
- 480x270 H.264 (web)
- 960x540 H.264 mode
- Wide media format compatibility:
- .MXF with rich Metadata (optimized for asset management)
- .MOV (Final Cut Pro) —Upgraded with Version 3.0!
- .MP4 (XDCAM EX™)
- AVCHD with additional lower bitrate AVCHD modes
- Professional switch layout and comprehensive video settings
- Pre Rec (retro) mode (20 sec.)
- Interval (time lapse) recording
- Built-in stereo microphone
- 2-channel balanced audio inputs (mic/line switchable) w/phantom power supply
- HD/SD-SDI, HDMI Outputs
- Wired remote control connector (LANC/Control-L)
- Built-in GPS
- Enhanced web interface for remote viewing of camera images & wireless remote control from a smartphone, tablet or PC
- Compatible with ProHD Broadcaster and Cloud server —New 3.0 feature!
- Extensive metadata recording capability. Even allows insertion of metadata from remote web client!
- FTP file upload via WiFi or Broadband
- Secure FTP (SFTP or FTPS)
- High performance 2D DNR
©2014 JVC Americas Corp., division of JVCKenwood Corporation