The DY-90WUCL is JVC's top performing CineLine camcorder, and uses our renowned D-9 1/2-inch 4:2:2 recording format. Though physically similar to its non-Cineline counterpart, the DY-90UW, this new camcorder produces significantly different output, and therefore shouldn't be expected to match in a multi-camera environment with non-Cineline models. Accessories are interchangeable with the non-Cineline versions.
For filmmaking, including episodic television production, this camera is nothing short of spectacular!
- Extremely low noise
- Film-style gamma profiling
- Very wide dynamic range
- Light weight less than 15.8 pounds including typical lens, viewfinder, battery and tape
- Only 30 Watt power requirement while recording with DY-90WU
- Fully digital
- Rugged, high quality 50 Mbps, 8 bit, 4:2:2 component D-9 format
(quality equivalent to Digital Beta)
- 2 hour (124 minute) D-9 recording time with DS-124 cassette
- Advanced 14 bit digital signal processing
- Records four 16 bit 48 kHz PCM audio channels with more than 80 dB dynamic range
- Both XLR and 6-pin camera microphone inputs, plus 2 additional mic/line XLR inputs
- Three 2/3" 980 x 494 pixel IT CCDs with 600% dynamic range
- High sensitivity of F11 at 2000 lux gives creative flexibility and ease of lighting
- Lolux mode provides outstanding reproduction down to 0.75 lux
- Digital signal processing enables natural detail enhancement, and elimination of spot noise.
- 14 bit DSP gives exceptional reproduction of dark areas, highlights and highlight color.
- Two scene files save advanced custom camera setups in removable setup box in addition to standard setup.
- Other features: One touch black stretch / compress, smooth transition mode, precision "Accufocus" mode, adjustable gamma point, adjustable detail frequency, and continuous auto-black (CAB).
- High quality video out for color video playback or field monitoring
- +48 V phantom power supply for all XLR microphone inputs
- Built in monitor speaker and headphones jack
- SMPTE time code generator with external input and output, external lock, jam sync and seamless time code between takes.
- Large LCD display indicates time code, modes and functions
- Fully menu configurable
- Tape / Battery remaining indication
- Rugged die cast chassis using ceramic tape guide rollers and sapphire flanges for long life