The Vérité R-Series DT-R24L4DU is a value-oriented broadcast monitor based on JVC's top-of-the-line monitor, the DT-V24G1Z. Realizing that everyone does not require dual-link 3G inputs, waveform/vectorscope, component inputs, external sync or digital closed captioning, JVC developed the DT-R24L4DU minus these features without compromising the image quality or construction of its base model. Its IPS panel combined with exclusive JVC image processing delivers an exceptionally wide color gamut with pin-point precision. Like the DT-V24G1Z, it offers native 1920 x 1080 resolution on an oversized 1920 x 1200 display panel leaving ample room for on screen status and metering indications outside of the active picture area.
- Native HD resolution
- The DT-R24L4DU 24-inch video monitor features 1920 x 1080 resolution, making it a true native HD monitor. It can reproduce native 1080i / 1080p/psf and 720p video images in their original form with no loss of quality due to scaling.
Essential video signal inputs/outputs
- The DT-R24L4DU includes dual HD/SD SDI inputs with a switched output. Two composite video input/outputs are also provided. High definition signals can also be displayed through a DVI input with HDCP. HDMI signals can also be used with an inexpensive cable converter (not provided.) To assure maximum quality at all time and to prevent corrosion and signal loss, the all BNC connectors are gold-plated.
High-performance IPS (In Plane Switching) LCD panel with non-gloss surface
- Wide viewing angles up to 178°/178° are maintained thanks to a new matte surface LCD panel. There is very little chromatic variation with different viewing positions.
Low latency circuitry
- Thanks to upgraded circuitry, the delay between input signal and monitor image is minimized—less than 1 frame—enabling precise, monitoring without lip-sync problems. Additionally, response to changes in input signals is now instantaneous.
- Color temperature can be set as required with a 3-temperature memory that includes a 9300K mode, 6500K mode, and user-specified mode.
IP mode (De-Interlacing)
- JVC original de-interlacing circuits are employed to ensure the highest quality display of 1080i and 480i signals. The IP conversion mode can be selected from NORMAL MODE (frame complement and vertical filter), FIELD (field complement) and CINEMA (for 24p).
- Refined and enhanced over many years, JVC's advanced image estimation technology has now been re-designed for digital applications. Able to reproduce image quality faithful to input signals, this new 10-bit 4:4:4 real time processor delivers the true professional performance. With this processor, the high-quality HD signals used in production can be reproduced with absolute fidelity on the LCD display, resulting in crisp, clear, high-resolution images. With motion picture content, processing of original pictures is minimized while IP conversion is optimized to maintain sharp and clear images. This sophisticated technology applies no more processing to input signals than is necessary to ensure natural image reproduction close to CRT displays.
Faithful Color Reproduction
- Matrix parameters are set in response to the actual HD or SD input signal, making it possible to accurately reproduce colors in strict conformity with ITU standards without having to process color signals. And a chromatic range equivalent to EBU 100% ensures faithful color reproduction that is virtually identical to the original source.
- The DT-R24L4D's gamma setting is calibrated at the factory to assure correct display of video images. Precise adjustment of various display parameters at the factory achieves excellent gray scale characteristics.
Versatile Audio Monitoring
- Any two of 12 HD/SD SDI embedded audio channels can be monitored through two internally mounted speakers. Two separate pairs of analog AUDIO-IN connectors and a pair of AUDIO-OUT connectors are also provided. The AUDIO-OUT connectors can selectively output either the analog audio signals, or any pair of embedded HD/SD SDI digital audio channels. A rotary knob is used to adust volume level.
Advanced Status display and metering
- Status information can be displayed in the blank area above or below the active picture area. Up to 10 characters can be used for monitor name (user defined). The monitor name can be assigned with the on-screen menu, or through the RS-232C connector. Time code (SDI-embedded), audio level meter (12 channels) and CRC error check are also available. The channel number is displayed in each level bar. Status of the audio signal can be checked at a glance for Reference Level/Over Level 0 dB, three set levels, and peak hold function.
- This useful function enables pixel-by-pixel display. Input signals are displayed in their original format without scaling. Precise image quality evaluation is available during editing.
SD 4:3 Full Vertical Display
- A menu setting allows 4:3 images to use the full 1200 vertical pixel screen area, providing larger standard definition display.
Various video production functions
- Functions that support video production include various area markers and a 100%-80% adjustable safety marker that shows the area outside the image. Aspect switch allows you to select between 4:3 and 16:9 ratios, while screen check (blue check) allows more accurate image checking by toggling between R, G and B signals. Two tally lamps (red and green) are also provided.
No sync action
- The screen mode activated when no signal is input or when the power-saving mode is engaged can be selected from Suspend/Gray Back/Off.
Time code on/off function
- HD-SDI / SDI embedded time code display can be switched on and off as required.
4-way remote control system
- The remote control system can be selected from MAKE contact system / TRIGGER PULSE system / RS-485 / RS-232C. The RS-232C system can be converted to RS-485 on the monitor for cascade signal output. It is also possible to assign the monitor name (displayed in the status area) through the RS-232C control.
Compact, all-in-one design
- This slim, space-saving, all-in-one design enables easy installation on a shelf or in a rack. For added convenience, a VESA standard mounting (100 mm x 100 mm) is provided. A rugged metal base with 4-hole pattern for additional screws assures secure installation and prevents monitor from being displaced or falling.
3-way stand ensures versatile installation anywhere
- R Series monitors can be easily installed anywhere at the most desired locations thanks to the supplied 3-way stand. In addition to use of the stand in a conventional tabletop configuration, the monitor can also be mounted flush up front to make the stand less conspicuous, or even mounted on a wall using the VESA-standard 100mm x 100mm pitch screw holes.
Metal chassis design
- A metal cabinet provides rugged durability for use in a variety of professional applications.
Connector guard construction
- With a speaker grill and enforced edge design, protruding volume controls and switches are sheltered to prevent mis-operation and damage. On the back of the monitor, the concave design helps protect the connectors. This attractive, efficient design is both practical and safe.
- Built-in stereo speakers
Wide range of functions to support creative work
Rugged, durable design